This Admissions Policy is used to define the enrollment requirements for individuals who wish to enroll at Park Place Premier Barber School as a regular student. Park Place Premier Barber School must adhere to the United States Department of Education, Louisiana Board of Barber Examiners and the National Accrediting Commission of Career Arts and Sciences (NACCAS) guidelines. As part of the admissions procedure, we encourage prospective students to visit our state-of-art facility for a free, no-obligation tour. Applications may be submitted at any time during the year. Enrollment is continuous with new classes starting the first Monday of every month.
To request further information or to schedule a tour visit or interview, contact the Office of Admissions at:
Park Place Premier Barber School
3024 Gentilly Blvd. New Orleans, LA 70122
Attn: Prospective Student Information Request
GENERAL ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
Park Place Premier Barber School is an equal opportunity employer and follows the same policies in accepting applications from potential students. Park Place Premier Barber School is open to all students without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, origin, sexual orientation, disability or marital status. The admission policy is in compliance with the United States Department of Education, Louisiana Board of Barber Examiners and the National Accrediting Commission of Career Arts and Sciences (NACCAS) and the Veterans Administration Education Dept.
To be considered for General Admission, an applicant must be able to read and write English, and the student must meet the following requirements:
1. Proof of Age, Identification and Citizenship: (provide copies)
- Be at least 17 years of age (Age will be verified with a government-issued ID/ driver’s license, birth certificate, passport.)
- Provide a Valid government-issued ID/driver’s license, or valid passport, birth certificate,& Security Card,
- Instructor Training students must also provide a valid Barber license.
2. Proof of Education: (provide a copy)
- Official High School Diploma or Official final High School Transcript confirming High School completion or college transcript, or A GED (General Equivalency Diploma), or by completing a high school education in a homeschooled setting approved under state law.
- Park Place Premier Barber School does not accept Ability to Benefit (ATB) students and does not offer a Comprehensive Transition Postsecondary Program.
- On line (internet) High school, GED and home school diploma mills are not acceptable as proof of appropriate education.
Note: A High School completion is not the same as a High School diploma; generally a certificate of high school completion (as opposed to a high school diploma) is issued to students who have completed high school coursework, but who have not met all the academic high school graduation requirements, including passing any required examinations.
General Documentation Requirements: All documentation must match, including SSN card, driver’s license, etc. Further documentation may be requested for identity verification purposes.
STEPS TO ENROLLMENT
Anyone wishing to enroll at the school may do so by following these steps:
STEP 1 Initial Scheduled Visit(s):
- Verify you meet the admissions requirements.
- Tour the School
- Review General Information
- Review Consumer Information Disclosures
- Program Cost of Attendance Information
- Student Handbook(available for view on line)
- Pre-Enrollment Career Inquiry Survey
- Financial Aid Disclosures
- Education, Age, Identity & Citizenship
- School Code: 042346
- Make Appt for next visit:
- Admissions Interview
- Financial Planning (review ISIR report)
We ask that you submit the following documents
be considered for acceptance:
_____ Application for Admissions
_____ Birth Certificate
_____ Social Security Card
_____ Current Driver’s License or State I.D.
_____ High School Diploma or GED
_____ Two 2” x 2” Photographs
_____ Pay $10 Registration Fee
STEP 2 Next visit(s):
- Submit Required Documents
- Completed Admissions Application
- Complete Financial planning interview:
- Review FAFSA
- Cost of Attendance
- Schedule a payment plan
- In-person meet with the Administrator for Review ‘Career Inquiry Survey’
- After all documents have been received and reviewed for completeness, the Admissions representative will notify you of your admission status within14 business days.
- Make appointment for final school visit
STEP 3 Final school visit:
- Finalize all Financial requirements
- Submit final Admission forms
- Pay Application Fee $100.00 (non-refundable)
- Pay $90 State Enrollment Fee (non-refundable)
- Attend Orientation
- Sign Enrollment Agreement
All new students, transfers and re-enrollment students are required to attend orientation Class prior to beginning of course. Classes will be filled on a first come first serve basis. All requirements must be met within 30 days of the beginning class start day.
All Students must complete sixty (270) hours of coursework prior to working on the clinic floor.